This week I have been sharing with you a whole host of wonderful Christmas DIY ideas, with Centrepieces, Crackers, and snow globes. Well today is the last Christmas DIY tutorial for you and it’s a good one. I have some really easy last-minute Christmas Decoration ideas for you to get stuck into! If you love a bit of Christmas crafting or any form of DIY you are going to love these fun ideas. They are all taken from the fantastic book Decorate for a Party by Holly Becker and Leslie Shewring. The images are gorgeous and instructions really easy to follow. Enjoy!
LIGHT BULB ORNAMENTS
Recycle light bulbs by turning them into ornaments for your tree. Some you may choose to spray paint (we used matte black on some of ours) and others you may opt to keep as is, especially if they are frosted. Use a glue stick and apply sequins, glitter or beads. Allow to dry overnight and then twist copper wire around the base several times and create a loop for hanging.
CREATIVE WRAP IDEAS
- White butcher paper, gold washi tape, white twine and a hand-cut gold paper feather.
- Kraft paper, paint-dipped doily, corrugated kraft paper heart, finished with black twine.
- White butcher paper, black glitter tape with gingham ribbon.
- Handmade bamboo skewer star finished with washi tape and tied on with black twine.
- White butcher paper with polka dot scrapbook paper, white office tag, black ric-rac ribbon and a flagged paper clip.
- White-paint-splattered kraft paper wrap, lacy ribbon and a white paper snowflake.
- White butcher paper, black cardboard ornament wrapped with white yarn and tied on with black twine.
- Black-paper-topped box, white twine with kraft star.
SIMPLE DIY PAPER-FRINGE TREE
This super-easy, inexpensive tree is perfect for small spaces or to decorate a tabletop in your home. It is modern and minimal and looks lovely with white twinkle lights and some candles nearby. You can purchase larger sheets of cardboard at most art supply stores.
YOU WILL NEED
- hot glue gun
- black paper
- lightweight white paper
- black tape
- craft knife
1) Cut the cardboard to your desired triangular tree shape.
2) Start about 5cm/2 inches from the bottom of the tree and cut approximately a 5cm/2 inch-wide strip of white paper to a length just wider than the width of the tree.
3) Glue the top edge of the strip of white paper to the cardboard and then trim the width to the angle of the cardboard.
4) Create a fringe along the bottom edge of the white strip of paper you just glued down. Make the cuts about 1cm/½ inch apart.
5) Repeat with more white strips, making sure to overlap each one over the previous one.
6) Finish by adding a black strip of paper to cover the exposed 5cm/2 inches of cardboard along the bottom of the triangle. Use black tape to wrap around the sides of this base, or just wrap the black paper around.
What do you think? any of these take your Christmas fancy? let me know how you get on, I would love to see your pictures.
The post Christmas DIY Tutorial: Festive DIY Christmas Decoration Ideas appeared first on Boho Wedding Blog.